Thursday 27 December 2012

Elvses and Hobbitses, preciousss, Dwarvses too. Gollum, gollum...

So since my last posting I've done very little but roll my eyes at that typical sight - me, doing nothing.
Until now.

The White Council is underway now, their faces painted so they can attend their secret meetings without masks on. No pictures yet, as I'll cover them in a future post.

I've also now taken photos of Elrond and Gollum. I really need to work on my photography skills and experiment with lighting - too much, like direct sunlight, and the pictures look like they do here, all washed out with no depth (or too much contrast). I also need to consider the backgrounds more carefully as the white cardboard used below is hardly helping. I'll experiment, and in a few days I'll try to do a gallery post of all the models that I've seen through from start to finish in 2012, not many, but enough for a good length posting.

Elrond, Master of Rivendell:

For his robes, I was aiming to replicate something along the lines of what we saw at the Council of Elrond in FoTR.


My Preciousssss, Gollum.


Again, apologies for the photos.

Also, a peek at Legolas and Gimli. I have three of each on foot, but I'm just working on my favourive two poses for now. I'm not actually sure which set this Gimli is from. At first I thought it was Ambush at Amon Hen, but now I know it isn't.




Until next time, may the wind beneath your wings bear you to where the sun sails and the moon walks!




No comments:

Post a Comment