Sunday 23 December 2012

Hobby Madness from a Headcase

The old blog is dead. Long live the blog!

And it'll no doubt disappear into the dark depth of the internets never again to be seen. That's why I made this one to post my irregular painting activity, which with university looming on the horizon like the darkness sent by Sauron preceding the siege of Minas Tirith, will likely become more and more irregular.

I'm actually right now in the middle of selling off a lot of my collection - miniatures painted and unpainted alike that have not seen the light of day since I packed them into boxes and abandoned them to the nether realm of under-bed. Provided they all go for the asking price, the auctions I've got up should bring in around $1000, so I might be able to afford one or two Hobbit sets with that money. What is to become of my WH40K models remains to be seen

But worry not, for I'm not offing the whole collection, and I'm keeping enough models for my regular 500pt games, and enough for some armies to hit 1000pts without too bit a stretch, not that I ever play games that large. I'm also keeping the models I intend to paint for display - my metal Galadhrim (which I have about 40 of), and a lot of heroes. The display models fill up almost and entire army figure case, and they are the ones that I'll be taking away to uni with me to work on when I can't afford other models.

The nice thing about them is that they're a great weekend job. Across two days I can usually take a model on a 25mm base from assembly to complete at a high standard, or even two hobbit sized models. Most recently I put the finishing touches on an Elrond, Master of Rivendell model that I started in about March, and started and finished a Gollum model. Pictures will be appearing soon. Right now I'm working through Legolas and Gimli mounted of Arod, as well as their foot counterparts (Legolas (Three Hunters pose), and Gimli (Amon Hen)), but with todays arrival of the new White Council box, I'll be lucky to finish them. The new Galadriel is such a stunning model, and frankly, to leave her unpainted for any length of time is a crime. At least I have time on my hands... for a while.

Until next time, may the wind beneath your wings bear you to where the sun sails and the moon walks!

No comments:

Post a Comment