Tuesday 30 December 2014

Finishing in Bits and Pieces.

After exactly a month, the four Eowyns that I started in November are painted. The mounted one still needs to have the horse painted, but Eowyn herself still counts as done.

During this time, I have decided that to address the issue of unpainted models in my collection, I will not assemble any more models until such time as I paint a number of models equal to the number I intend to assemble. I've started off this by painting Arod from Legolas and Gimli mounted which I started over two years ago and haven't worked on since until three days ago.

This new rule excludes the models that I currently have in various states or preparedness from before Christmas (being Treebeard, Merry, Pippin, Paladin Took, Fatty Bolger, all three Beorn models, the new Thorin and Bilbo, unarmoured Celeborn, Elrond foot and mounted, and the new Legolas). I will only allow myself to finish preparing these models once I've finished painting all partially painted models I've got (Eowyn's horse, two Gollums, Gandalf, Galadriel and Saruman from the White Council set, and Merry and the Witch-king to go with Eowyn on the diorama base.

This means that when I get new models, they'll be sitting around in their box for quite a while, except for a quick check for casting defects. The only exception to this will be Smaug, who deserves to be worked on straight away.

Photo time now. I've been playing around again with my set up, so not all photos were created equally.

First up, more on my Nazgul and Prey diorama.





Armoured Eowyns. The faces look a bit derp because the lighting messed with the camera detecting lighter colours.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Finally, after making their debut here in late 2012, I give you Legolas and Gimli on Arod!




Next time I hope to have completed images of the partially done models mentioned earlier, but until then, may the wind under your wings bear you to where the sun sails and the moon walks!

1 comment:

  1. Great job in here Ben!
    Amazing skill :)
    Keep it up

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete